Location and surroundings
Meersburg lies at an altitude of 400 to 500 metres on the north bank of Lake Constance, where Lake Obersee becomes Lake Überlingen. There is an altitude difference of 40 metres between the upper and lower town alone.
Meersburg’s renowned individual vineyard sites, some of which stretch over extremely steep slopes, are called, from west to east: Chorherrnhalde, Fohrenberg, Rieschen, Jungfernstieg, Sängerhalde, Bengel, Haltnau and Lerchenberg. Overall Meersburg belongs to the Sonnenufer geographical location. The first documentary evidence of winemaking in Meersburg dates back to 1324.
- Mainau Island – the island of flowers in Lake Constance / www.mainau.de
- Lake Dwelling Museum, Unteruhldingen / www.pfahlbauten.de
- Zeppelin Museum, Friedrichshafen / www.zeppelin-museum.de
- Reichenau Island / www.reichenau.de
- Säntis cableway-St.Gallen / www.saentisbahn.ch